1. Can you build Docker images on Patr?
Yes. You can build a Docker image using Patr CI.
2. Does Patr provide auto-scaling of deployments?
Yes, Patr provides auto-scaling of deployments. Our smart-scaling system automatically calculates the appropriate scaling readjustments and instantly boosts or downgrades capacity as per requirements to keep your metrics on target.
3. Will the connection between the containers be automatically taken care of?
Yes. Patr manages the connections between all your containers.
4. Is it only for Docker?
No. Patr allows you to push any container of your choice. We generally use Docker, but you can push any kind of container. If you want to stick to your existing CI solution, you can push the container image from your exiting CI pipeline and we'll take care of running, scaling, monitoring your container.
5. How do you handle issues or downtimes in data centers?
In case of downtimes or data center disruptions, we'll automatically move your container to a nearby data center.
6. How do you ensure data safety and security?
Patr uses Kubernetes' namespaces to manage each workspace that is created on Patr. Since all the namespaces are isolated from one another, you can be rest assured that your data will always be secured and protected.
7. Do users have access to the containers?
We currently don't provide access to container but plan on providing shell access in the future.
8. Can we do scheduled deployment?
No. As of now, Patr doesn't provide scheduled deployments. In case this a must-have feature for you, please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll try to integrate it as a part of our enterprise plan (customised plan) to you.
9. What kind of orchestration do you do?
We use Kubernetes for our orchestration.
10. What happens when the cloud provider is having issues and we need to switch the cloud provider?
We will automatically shift your container to the nearest data center available.